Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Features & Benefits
See the incredible features and benefits of Microsoft Business Central right out of the box
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Features and Benefits
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is highly adaptable and rich with features right out of the box. Microsoft Business Central enables companies to manage their business, including finance, manufacturing, sales, shipping, project management, services, and more. Companies can easily add functionality that is relevant to the region of operation, and that is customized to support even highly specialized industries.
Key Features of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Include:
1. Financial Management
- General Ledger: Set up a company and start posting to the general ledger, chart of accounts, general journals, VAT facilities, recurring journals and source codes.
- Budgets: Work with budgets in general ledger accounts.
- Deferrals: Set up deferral templates that automate the process of deferring revenues and expenses over a pre-defined schedule.
- Fixed Assets: Keep track of fixed assets and related transactions such as acquisitions, depreciations, write-downs, appreciations and disposals.
- Audit Trails: The system automatically assigns audit trails and posting descriptions to every transaction. In addition, users can define reason codes to create complementary audit trails.
- Bank Account Management: Create, operate and manage multiple bank accounts for catering to your diverse business needs and across different currencies.
- Reconciliation: Reconcile your bank statement data automatically to open bank account ledger entries and keep track of all your bank statements.
- Dimensions: Add unlimited dimensions to any ledger for advanced transaction analyses.
- Currencies: Manage multiple currencies throughout the system, including payables and receivables, general ledger reports, resource and inventory items and bank accounts.
2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Contacts: Maintain an overview of your contacts and record your contact information for all business relationships.
- Campaigns: Organise campaigns based on segments of your contacts that you define.
- Opportunity Management: Keep track of sales opportunities, section your sales processes into different stages and use this information to manage your sales.
- Item Transfers: Track inventory as it’s moved from one location to another and account for the value of inventory in transit at various locations.
- Warehousing: Manage items on a bin level. Pick and put away items in a bin and move items between bins using a report that optimises space using picking processes.
3. Human Resource Management
- Employees: Group and track employee information and organise employee data according to different types of information, such as experience, skills, education, training and union membership.
- Expense Management: Post expenses against employee cards to track and reimburse their expenses.
4. Project Management
- Resources: Register and sell resources, combine related resources into one resource group or track individual resources.
- Estimates: Monitor resource usage and get a complete overview of your capacity for each resource with information about availability and planned costs on orders and quotes.
- Jobs: Keep track of usage on jobs and data for invoicing the customer. Manage both fixed-price jobs and time-and-materials jobs.
- Time Sheets: Time sheets are a simple and flexible solution for time registration with manager approval and integrate with Service, Jobs and Basic Resources.
- Production Orders: Create and manage production orders and post-consumption and output to the production orders.
- Version Management: Create and manage different versions of the manufacturing bill of materials and routings.
- Agile Manufacturing: Plan rush hours, make exceptions and handle last-minute changes to your processes with multiple planning options.
- Supply Planning: Plan for material requirements based on demand, with support for master production scheduling and material requirements planning.
- Demand Forecasting: Plan and create production and purchase orders, taking into consideration the demand forecast together with the level of available inventory and parameters of requirement planning.
- Capacity Planning: Add capacities to the manufacturing process. Set up routings and use these routings on production orders and in material requirements planning.
- Machine Centres: Manage capacity on several levels; on a more detailed level for machine centres and on a consolidated level for work centres.
- Finite Loading: Take capacity constraints into account so that no more work is assigned to a work centre than the capacities can be expected to execute during a given time period.
6. Service Order Management
- Service Orders: Register your after-sales issues including service requests, services due, service orders and repair requests.
- Service Price Management: Set up, maintain and monitor your service prices.
- Service Item Management: Record and keep track of all your service items, including contract information, component management and BOM (Bills of Material) reference and warranty information.
- Service Contract Management: Record details on service levels, response times and discount levels, as well as on the service history of each contract, including used service items, parts and labour hours.
- Planning: Assign personnel to work orders and log details such as work order handling and work order status.
- Dispatching: Manage service personnel and field technician information and filter according to availability, skills and stock items.
7. Other Important Features
- Multiple Languages: Switch languages on the client in real time, provided that the desired language is available.
- Reason Codes: Define a set of reason codes that can be assigned to individual transactions throughout the system, providing user-defined audit trails.
- Extended Text: Set up an unlimited number of lines to describe inventory items, resources and general ledger accounts.
- Intrastat Reporting: Automatically retrieve the necessary data to report Intrastat information to statistics authorities. Local customs authorities can inform you whether your company is obligated to file such a report.
- Microsoft Outlook 365 Integration: Synchronise your to-do items and your contacts with your meetings, tasks and contacts in Outlook.
Key Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Want to Learn More About Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
See Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central in action. Request a live, obligation free demonstration of this product by filling out the form below. We are looking forward to being of service.