So much more than just Payroll Software - Manage Your Staff with Smart Technology
Running Sage Pastel Partner Payroll Advantage software will offer you all the advantages you have come to expect from this trusted brand. The SARS compliant solution is ideal for rapidly growing businesses who need a comprehensive payroll.
As with the other Sage Pastel Partner solutions, your tax submissions and EMP201/EMP501 returns are simple, your payslips are customisable and there is smooth General Ledger (GL) integration with Sage Pastel Accounting. Mobile services allows employees to make use of the mobile app to access payslips and leave balances.
You can now also enjoy more flexible processing methods for managing larger sets of data. The cloud based Self Service portal allows for online data storage, workflow and approval, and data sync between cloud and desktop.
Take the next important step in ensuring the success of your business. Invest in an affordable, automated payroll solution – Sage Pastel Partner Payroll Advantage.
A Host of benefits for your business
- Process weekly, fortnightly and monthly paid employees with ease.
- Make SARS submissions for multiple companies with multiple databases a breeze with consolidated reporting.
- Self Service Advantage links your organisation’s multiple payroll companies into one Self Service portal – empower your employees to access their secure online profile, submit travel claims and manage their leave. Capture assets on your staff’s profiles which will notify you when it needs to be returned. With Cloud HR, certain HR functions are taken directly to each line manager and empowers them to manage their staff directly. This includes online data capture, manager access to staff records in the cloud, distribution of HR related forms online with built-in workflow and approval, as well as email notifications.
- Bulk Terminations and Reinstatements makes it easy to dismiss or re-employ multiple employees at once – especially useful if you employ seasonal or project-based employees.
- Four feature-rich additional modules give you a complete range of tools that add value to your payroll processes:
- Human Resources Management – an easy-to-use desktop HR System for human resource managers, suitable for any size and type of business.
- Salary Structuring – simplifies the task of structuring a Total-Cost-To-Company remuneration package for each employee.
- Multiple Transactions Manager – complete more than one task easily, from only one screen.
- Third Party Payments – disburse company deductions or contributions, like medical aids or pension funds, with the click of a button.
Sage Pastel Payroll Advantage has a mandatory yearly subscription fee. Or you can take advantage of our optional Flex monthly subscription offering.
Modules & Features
1. Human Resources Module
With our easy-to-use HR Software System, suitable for any size and type of business, performance reviews and disciplinary procedures have never been more accurately recorded.
Because the system is so concise and reports are customised to each employee, avoiding CCMA cases and compensation for wrongful dismissal is guaranteed.
What it does for you:
- Disciplinary procedures are simplified by a system that comes with 66 disciplinary reasons – each with a set offence level;
- Keep track of company assets in employees’ possession;
- HR software ships with standard HRD forms and templates;
- Telephonic and email support for the first year;
- Single user or unlimited user options.
What’s even better is that the HR Management Software System integrates easily with the Sage Pastel Partner Payroll software program, making for a speedy return on your investment.
2.1 Self Service – a simple, affordable payroll solution
Self Service is a web-based self-service tool to help you run your business smoother, faster and more efficiently. With many organisations going ‘green’, Self Service provides the perfect paperless solution, saving you money as well as time. Features include:
- Leave Requests: You can apply for leave via your smartphone by simply entering the start and end date of when you require leave as well as the type of leave, such as sick leave, annual leave or unpaid leave, to name a few. Self Service automatically retrieves the balance of annual leave days due. The leave application form will be sent to your direct manager who can either accept or decline the application. A full audit trail is available.
- Travel Claims: Keeping track of business travel has never been this quick and easy! You can simply submit your travel claims via your smartphone! Depending on the workflow setup, this can, like with leave applications, be accepted or declined by your manager and then forwarded to the Payroll Administrator. Simple.
- Update Details: You can update your personal details, contact details, physical and postal address as well as banking details via your smartphone. Once the changes are approved by your manager, the Payroll Administrator is able to automatically update the Sage Pastel Payroll & HR system at the click of a button!
- View Payslips: Self Service is a secure application using similar security as online banking vendors ensuring your payslips are kept strictly confidential. Exclusive to our Flex subscription offering: You can securely view current and historic payslips on your smartphone. Simple and convenient!
- View Leave Balances: You can view your leave balances, such as sick leave or annual leave, on your smartphone. Self Service automatically retrieves the balance of leave days due as well as leave days taken and accrued. This makes applying for leave even easier than before.
2.2 Employee Self Service App
With Sage Pastel Payroll Self Service, employees can apply for leave, submit travel claims and update their personal details online or via their smartphone, anywhere, anytime.
- Enables mobility: all you need is an internet connection
- Self Service is hosted: no IT team required
- Based on workflow capabilities and the organisational chart
- Self Service is secure
- Synchronises with our payroll software
With our Self Service app, payroll administrators and business owners will get their payroll software updated automatically, eliminating manually recapturing of leave or travel claim forms.
3. Multiple Transactions Manager Module
The Multiple Transaction Manager Module allows you to give the entire company a salary increase based on either a set value or a specific percentage and process a production bonus or commission by only using one screen. Over shutdown periods, putting your entire workforce on leave has never been this quick and easy.
This feature allows you to make global updates to any transaction within the Payroll system to all, or a selection of employees. These transactions can include leave, bonuses, travel allowances and commission.
4. Salary Structuring Module
Sage Pastel Partner Payroll’s Salary Structuring Module offers you amazing functionality to calculate individual employees’ remuneration packages. It is like having a Salary Structuring Assistant! This module simplifies the complicated task of structuring a Total Cost To Company remuneration package, according to the employee’s letter of appointment.
By simply entering the total package value and various package components, Sage Pastel Payroll & HR will calculate the value of the remaining Cash Component and update the employee’s payslip with the structure you define. Alternatively, make use of the Nett to Gross Package calculation to accurately determine the Gross Basic Salary required to ensure the employee receives an agreed Nett Pay amount in each pay packet.
The Salary Structuring Module offers eight calculators to assist you with the quick calculations of various allowance and fringe benefit values. Based on information provided by your employees, you can now calculate an accurate value for Travel Allowances or the taxable benefit value of a Company Vehicle without having to understand or refer back to any of the complicated rules and regulations required by legislation.
Our Salary Structuring Module can be used to structure an employee’s pay package using one of two methods namely Total Cost To Company or Nett to Gross Salary. In addition, there are eight calculators built into the Salary Structuring Module to assist you to calculate the fringe benefit of the Use of Company Vehicle, Private use of Assets, Free and Cheap Accommodation and many more.
The standard functionality of the Salary Structuring Module has been enhanced with an Assistant Wizard which is available to set up new employee salary information.
5.Third Party Payments Module
With our Third Party Payments Module, any company deduction or contribution can now automatically be paid over to the relevant company with the click of a button.
No more manual capturing required with a once-off beneficiary (third party) setup. You can eliminate human error and save valuable processing time as well as obtain a detailed transaction listing report per employee and party. Third Parties can include Provident Funds, Medical Aids, Garnishee Orders, Industrial Councils, OID, EMP201 SARS payments, to name a few.
Optional Add-On Modules:
1. Industrial Council Compliance Module
Sage Pastel Payroll & HR caters for the following Industrial Councils: MIBFA, MIBCO / MICFA, the Electrical Industry and the Road Freight Industry as well as the Private Security Industry. This module will even provide you with the ability to generate the applicable Industrial Council’s electronic submission files.
Now you no longer have to manually complete the Industrial Council reports. Simply generate the submission file and e-mail it to the applicable Industrial Council at the click of a button.
This way you are ensured that all your calculations are correct the first time around, eliminating the chance of data-capture errors.
2. Intelligence Reporting Module
What do you get when you combine South Africa’s leading Payroll software with Microsoft® Excel? A reporting tool that allows you to manipulate reports in order to make improved decisions through business intelligence (BI).
If you entrust Microsoft® Excel to share, present and analyse information, then this module is for you. Sage Pastel Payroll Intelligence Reporting is a module that dynamically links to your payroll data, taking your business way beyond traditional reporting functionality, using the power of Microsoft® Excel.
- Our standard, ‘pre-set’ reports save you time: This module ships with more than 20 standard report formats such as a job costing report, year-on-year leave comparison report, leave taken listing, rate report, years of service listing, to name a few. The module retains amended spreadsheet layouts and makes them available for future use. These reports can be ‘sliced and diced’ according to your own unique requirements, with comprehensive graphical illustrations for easy analysis and reporting purposes.
- End-user Empowerment: If you retain and save the design of your spreadsheets, you will avoid having to re-format them every time you generate the Excel report.
- Customised Reports: You can customise the standard set of reports and templates, and even create new ones.
3. Sage Pay Module
- Validations and verifications: You can enjoy the benefit of validating and verifying your employees’ ID Numbers and Bank Accounts by paying a modular fee on a monthly or annual payment plan.
- Bank accounts (verify and validate): Bank account validation ensures that a valid bank account has been entered into your Payroll System and bank account verification ensures not only that the bank account is valid and in existence but also that it is in the name of the employee specified on your Payroll. This eliminates one of the most critical areas of payment fraud in your Payroll run i.e. paying one employee’s salary into a “fake” or erroneous bank account of another individual.
- ID numbers (verify and validate): By validating and verifying the ID numbers on your Payroll you create complete peace of mind not only that your employee has provided a valid ID number but also that the ID number has been verified as belonging to the associated employee and is recorded on the Department of Home Affairs list of official ID numbers. This eliminates both fake ID numbers as well as ID Numbers not associated with the given employee.
- Salary EFT payments: Salary payment batches are created automatically within your Payroll System and forwarded to Sage Pay without creating the infamous “text files” which previously needed to be stored on the hard drive of your Payroll Administrator’s computer and then forwarded or transferred to the authorised user of your banking software for transmission to the relevant bank. This improves efficiency and eliminates yet another potential area for Payroll fraud via the editing of the Payroll text file batch once it has been created in the Payroll and before it is imported into the banking software.
- Credit checks: You will be provided with valuable information on existing and potential employees including judgements, defaults, notices / alerts, fraud listings / indicators, marital status and spouse detail, including all residential address details. Reports are sourced from the three main credit bureaus in South Africa, namely TransUnion, Experian and XDS.
Sage Pastel Partner Payroll Advantage Download
In order for us to assist you properly and receive updates on this specific product, please fill out your details below and click on the download button.
Sage Pastel Payroll Training
Basic Software Training:
- How to create your payroll company and ensuring that it is set up correctly the first time round.
- How to create and link cost centers, pay points and job codes. • How to create employees.
- Setting up and adjusting leave.
- How to capture leave taken.
- How to set up a payslip for an employee and ensuring that all the statutory transactions are entered.
- Capturing overtime and other additional payment information.
- Understanding and changing transactions to suit specific processing requirements.
- Setting up and processing Electronic Bank Transfers (EFTs).
- How to print the payslips.
- Which reports to print at month-end.
- How to amend a payslip in the event that a mistake was made.
- Making backups of your payroll information.
- Updating into a new pay period and closing off a month successfully.
- Easily Import and Export information.
- Protect your payroll information by setting up user access rights and passwords.
- Create new transaction templates and formulae for powerful and complex incentive or allowance calculations.
- How to set up new rates for specialised shift allowances and specific overtime requirements.
- Utilising the Batch Transactions facility for multiple transaction input on a single screen i.e. commissions and overtime.
- Setting up new payslip languages.
- Printing reports for previous periods.
- Learn how to use the powerful Multiple Transaction Manager to affect global transaction changes over multiple selections of employees.
Payroll 5 Day Training:
- Payroll Legislation Training
- Basic Software Training
- Advance Software Training
- Tax Training
- Problem Solving
- The A to Z on effectively running the Payroll Office.
- The monthly payroll cycle.
- All you need to know about the Acts that govern Payroll.
- Company policy and the responsibility of the Payroll Administrator.
- Processing terminations correctly.
- Reconciling earnings and deductions.
- Producing reports to assist in reconciling tax and performing your own payroll audit.
- Step-by-step procedures on completing statutory forms and UIF Submissions
This comprehensive & practical workshop will provide you with extensive problem solving techniques in respect of:
- Identifying tax discrepancies.
- Evaluating Payroll tax parameters.
- Payroll tax tips for the “do- it- yourself” expert.
- How to make leave adjustments.
- Loading year-to-date leave information.
- How to make changes to incorrectly defined formulae.
- How to utilise Payroll Reports for problem solving purposes.
- Using the monthly analysis report for payroll auditing purposes
- Legislative requirements made simple and explained in detail.
- Fringe benefits and tax calculations made simple.
- Understand the factors that influence the tax calculation.
- Correctly applying directives.
- How to tax temporary or part-time employees.
- Calculating tax correctly, the simple way!
- Correctly calculating tax on an annual bonus or irregular payments.
- How to accommodate and calculate travel allowances.
- Performing the SITE and PAYE split.
This website is owned by Preferred Solutions CC. Preferred Solutions CC is independent from Sage South Africa and is not authorised to make any statement, representation, or warranties or grant any licence or permission on behalf of Sage South Africa regarding any product, service, or website content. Certain materials made available on or through this website are owned by Sage south Africa and cannot be used without prior written permission of Sage South Africa.