Thursday, 17 March 2011 09:55
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 March 2011 10:39
The following add-on modules are available for Pastel Evolution:
- The Pastel Evolution Municipal Billing Solution is an affordable solution that delivers essential operational information and can create National Treasury reports. It interfaces and updates all billing data directly into Pastel Evolution financials, and updates both the consumer and General Ledger accounts.
New! - Information Alerts can be configured to send out notifications to relevant users via e-mail or CRM (Contact Management) incidents.
New! - setup different levels of authorization to manage the flow and creating of purchase orders up to the goods received vouchers while at the same time logging incidents in CRM Premium.
Bank Statement Manager
New! - This module allows for the cash book to be electronically populated when a bank statement is imported where large volumes of transactions are processed. Once verified, the information can be updated to a cash book batch and then to the general ledger. Another benefit exists for transactions where the codes have been assigned as per the relevant accounts. Codes need not be assigned a second time - only new transactions have to be coded in the months to follow.
- Traditionally termed ‘CRM’ or “Contact Management”, Pastel Evolution Resolve is core to the Pastel Evolution system’s functionality. Pastel Evolution Resolve has taken the concept of traditional Contact Management much further by weaving it into the very fibre of the Pastel Evolution accounting system, thus elevating accounting software to its next logical state allowing you to not only capture numbers, but also what we refer to as business activities. The Evolution system stores Incidents even after they have been closed, allowing you to track a history of events as they occurred, as far back as you wish.
- South African Company Law requires that you keep a register of your business' fixed assets as part of it’s accounting records. However, managing your company’s fixed assets can be tedious and time-consuming. Fixed assets are physical items such as desks, computers, cars, machinery, etc which you acquire to run your business. As you use assets, they depreciate or become obsolete. You can legally expense depreciation in your accounts for tax purposes.
- With Pastel Evolution Multi-Currency you can process customer and supplier transactions in their currency. It allows you to track foreign currency, customer and supplier values in both the foreign and home currency. You can view balances and transactions in either currency at any time. You can maintain separate buy and sell rates for each currency. Pastel Evolution Multi-Currency maintains a history of exchange rates so that you can process transactions at earlier dates using the most accurate exchange rate.
Bill of Materials Manufacturing
- Designed for the manufacturing and assembly environment, this module allows you to create assembly sheets (or Bills as they are commonly known) detailing each component making up the completed item. Completed items can be manufactured before they are sold or you can simply invoice the completed item and Pastel Evolution will manufacture the item on-the-fly, where-upon the sub-components will be drawn from stock.
- Lot Tracking allows you to track several units of a stock item using the same lot or batch number. Expiry dates and user-defined status allow you to further control stock items. Users can determine what can be purchased or sold by Lot Status. You cannot sell stock items that have expired. You can track items simultaneously by Lot Number and by Serial Number.
- Pastel Evolution Annuity Billing integrates with both Receivables and Inventory and provides for repetitive or recurring invoices on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. You can specify contract periods, design recurring invoice templates or simply set up base amounts to be charged to your customers periodically. It is a flexible module that allows you to customise it according to your business’s specific requirements.
Serial Number Tracking
- Pastel Evolution Serial Number Tracking allows you to individually track items. For example, if you sold an item that carries a warranty, you will need to know when you sold the item, to whom you sold the item so that you know if the item is bought in for repairs, if it is still under warranty or not.
Integrating with Pastel Evolution’s Inventory module, Pastel Evolution Serial Number Tracking keeps detailed information on specific inventory items. From purchase to sale, to returns, each item is tracked uniquely providing you with absolute control over individual inventory items.
- This add-on module lets you invoice jobs to customers. A job card is more powerful than an invoice, because you can link more types of items besides inventory items in a job. For example, you can purchase an item directly for use in a job, and you can allocate employee hours from the Payroll module into a job. You can also invoice a job on a partial basis.
You can allocate costs and measure the profitability of short to medium term jobs. Create an unlimited number of job cards, with the ability to archive these for future estimates. Track labour costs from payroll time sheets in Pastel Evolution Payroll and calculate transactions on a rate, lump sum, or percentage basis.
- This add-on module allows you to keep inventory items in discrete areas, or warehouses. You can use warehouses for many types of situations like keeping raw materials and/or internal parts separate from items you sell, keep track of consignment stock/samples in a separate warehouse, track demo stock allocated to sales representatives and track costs per warehouse.
- Pastel Evolution Point-of-Sale integrates with both Receivables and the Inventory add-on module, while addressing the practical issues you may encounter within the retail Point-of-Sale environment. It supports peripheral devices such as pole display units, cash drawers, slip printers and a bar code scanner. It is user friendly, while offering you flexibility by allowing for per-till configuration and giving you powerful reporting features.
- The need for mobility, and the ability to access and send information on-the-fly, has significantly increased over the last decade. Workers travel more, work from home more, and spend more time out of the office with suppliers and customers. These workers often need access to company information when at home, with clients or suppliers. With Pastel Evolution Mobile, Pastel Evolution users can access information directly from their handheld devices - another way we’re helping you take your business beyond accounting.
- This module adds great flexibility to Pastel Evolution’s standard pricing feature. With this module you can not only create volume-based or time-based price breaks you can specify discounts by customer or group of customers. In addition you can design unlimited discount variations, such as multiple discounts per customer per stock item, and discounts per stock group while having the ability to override discounts on processing invoices.
- Integrating with Receivables, this module allows for the separate invoicing of branches, but with the added functionality of printing one customer statement at a consolidated head office level. This is particularly useful when you wish to keep track of a group customer with a head office, or where you need to capture sales made to the individual branches, but then present a consolidated statement to your customer's head office.
Credit Risk Management
- Integrating with Receivables, Pastel Evolution Credit Risk Management helps you manage your customer credit risk through a step-by-step process. Your customer will complete a credit risk application form in order for you to assess his/her potential credit-worthiness before granting them any credit. It will generate the credit application form and run the data through a scoring system giving you a credit-worthiness result on your potential customer. A passing score will see a new account being opened. A failing score will request guarantees or security against granting credit.
Business Intelligence Centre
- We have combined South Africa’s leading accounting software with Microsoft® Excel and have produced a reporting tool that revolutionises the way you make decisions in your business! BIC is an add-on module that dynamically links to your Pastel accounting data, taking your business beyond standard reporting functionality. You can generate spreadsheets by simply extracting Pastel Accounting data and converting it into an easy-to-read, graphic format. Pastel’s BIC retains report formats and makes them available for future use. You also have instant access to ‘live’ information and that last minute journal no longer impacts your Excel reporting.
E-Business and E-Billing
- The internet has fast become a necessary extension to the traditional manner in which business is conducted. Pastel Evolution’s E-Business module enables you to open an online web store quickly and easily, with seamless integration between your online store and Pastel Evolution. For example, you can draw product and price information from Pastel Evolution into the online store. In turn, online orders can be automatically downloaded into Pastel Evolution for processing.re a true paperless environment. Suitable for any Size and Type of Business.